APA Virtual Convention
The Society for Health Psychology is very excited about the upcoming APA convention. The program prepared by 2021 Chair Tyler Branagan will offer content which spans health psychology, as well as a focus on health psychology’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The convention will be entirely virtual this year – with the benefit of being able watch content after the scheduled convention dates – with greatly reduced registration rates!
Featured SfHP sessions include: “The Role of Psychologists in the Care and Recovery of Critically Ill COVID-19 Patients,” “Applying Evidence-based Assessment and Intervention Strategies in Primary Care,” and “International Collaborations in Health Psychology: Research Findings, Insights, and Funding.”
Register for the 2021 APA convention today and enjoy learning from experts in Health Psychology! See https://convention.apa.org/ for complete registration and programming details.
In addition to uploaded symposia and poster presentations slated to be included in APA’s on-demand convention portal, SfHP is planning some special LIVE events to inform and engage members:
• 8/12 – 2-3pE – AACHP-ABPP: Navigating the Path to Board Certification in Clinical Health Psychology
• 8/13 – 1-2pE – Student Advisory Council Internship Panel
• 8/13 – 2-3pE – Student Advisory Council Internship Training Directors Panel
• 8/14 – 10-11:30aE – Leadership Strategies for Health Psychologists in Academic Health Centers, VAs and Community Hospitals: Interactive Mentoring
• 8/14 – 4-6pE – SfHP Membership Meeting & Awards Celebration
Registration links have been or will be posted on SfHP listservs, or contact email@example.com for more information.