Renew today* – and invite your colleagues and students – to receive:
21. Uninterrupted receipt of Health Psychology
20. Full, FREE participation in up to 11 SfHP general and topic-specific Listservs
19. Eligibility for Recognition through Awards in Research, Clinical Practice, Education & Training, Mentoring and Career Service
18. Graduate Student and Post-Doc Grants
17. Peer-to-Peer Mentoring for professionals via the SfHP “Connections” program
16. Opportunities to advocate for Health Psychology and Health Psychologists
15. Opportunities to Present new data and best practices through Programming during the APA Convention and SfHP Virtual Programming events
14. A Rebate of your initial ABPP application fee, once you successfully complete the board-certification process in Clinical Health Psychology
13. Leadership Training and resources – for students to seasoned professionals
12. Fellow Status in Health Psychology
11. E-Newsletters from SfHP and SfHP Students
10. Interest Groups focused on: Adolescents and Young Adults, Integrated Primary Care, Pain Psychology and/or Women’s Health
9. Representation on APA Boards and Committees, and Collaboration with psychological, medical, behavioral and allied health organizations
8. Expanded Engagement in Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Initiatives
7. Opportunity to Congratulate your Graduates with FREE memberships upon completion of their degree or training
6. Increased connection with International colleagues and collaborators
5. Social Media Resources to keep you informed and engaged
4. Professional Service openings on SfHP Councils, Committees, Task Forces and Special Initiatives
3. Monthly Update for 38 to stay on top of emerging activities and
opportunities for involvement
2. New in 2021: FREE Continuing Education Webinars!
1. A Professional Home in the Society for Health Psychology
*Ready to Renew? The easiest and fastest way is to call the APA Service Center at 1-800-374-2721 and pay by phone.
Or, sign in to your “myAPA” account to renew online. (If you don’t have a “myAPA” login, you may create one – without joining – at https://join.apa.org/divisions).
Not renewing with APA this year? Here are steps to renew with SfHP (Division 38) only:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you wish to RESIGN from APA for 2021.
2. Create a MyAPA login at: https://my.apa.org/sso/idm/login?
3. This will lead to division applications. Non-APA members may choose from Professional Affiliate, Student Affiliate, or International Affiliate status in SfHP (note: Anyone with a completed doctoral degree should apply for Professional Affiliate status – including post-doc trainees. International Affiliate status is for those outside the U.S. or Canada).
4. Scroll down to Division 38 and click “join” to access the application. You should receive a “welcome” message from SfHP, verifying their membership for 2021.
If you have questions – or run in to any difficulties in renewing your membership – please contact the SfHP Administrative Office at email@example.com.
We appreciate being your “professional home” for health psychology
and look forward to your continued participation!