APA’s 2020 Convention will be held virtually this year due to concerns related to COVID-19. “Going Virtual” has resulted in many changes to Convention this year.
Registration for “APA 2020 Virtual” opened July 1. Individuals may register by going to the APA 2020 Virtual web site at https://convention.apa.org
- Sessions will all be virtual, mainly prerecorded, and shortened (25-30 minutes)
- The main stage events will occur 11 am to 12:30 pm EST on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The APA Presidential Address is scheduled on Saturday 1-2 pm EST.
- Convention registration cost is greatly reduced:
- APA member, fellow, associate, APA community college teacher affiliate, APA international affiliate: $50 (originally $315)
- APA student affiliate, APAGS member, APA high school teacher affiliate: $15 (originally $100)
- Nonmember Full-time student: $30 (originally $195)
- Nonmember of APA: $75 (originally $495)
- Registration will give you access to Convention materials for 12 months.
- Reduced offering of CE. Division symposia will not be CE-eligible through the APA Convention site. APA Convention site states “CE Workshops will be converted from the 4- and 7-hour live format to 2.5-hour webinars” so CE opportunities will be greatly reduced.
- Poster presentations will be uploaded in .pdf format in the searchable portal
Society for Health Psychology programming available through the APA Convention Portal
|Session Title||Session Chair|
|Approaches to Palliative Care, Death, and Dying||Michelle Tan, PsyD|
|Pain and Somatization In 2020: Explaining and Treating ‘Medically Unexplained’ Conditions||
Daniel Bruns, PsyD
|How to Get Involved in Health Policy||Kristen E. Riley, PhD|
|Adult Pre-Surgical Psychosocial Evaluations in Health Settings||Maria M. Olex, PsyD|
|Fatigue in Chronic Illness: Exploration of Measurement and Mechanisms||
Ali A. Weinstein, PhD
|Leveraging Technology to Address Health Behaviors and Health Risks among At-Risk Populations||
Jasmine Manalel, PhD
PLUS: watch the SfHP listservs for special announcements about FREE live events exclusively for members!